MAURICIO POCHETTINO has told his billion-pound Chelsea flops to “grow up”
Malo Gusto was sent off as the Blues lost at home to Aston Villa — their THIRD Prem defeat in six games on Sunday.
And Pochettino revealed US owner Todd Boehly — who has splashed out £1billion on transfers since taking charge last year — is “disappointed” at the current mess.
Chelsea boss Poch said: “Footballers want to win but players when they are young without experience make mistakes.
“This is why we feel disappointed because we are seeing too many situations like this.
“We need to change as soon as possible. We need to grow up like a team.”
Asked if he had spoken to the club’s owners over the past fortnight, the former Tottenham manager replied: “They are disappointed.
“They are excited to build a project. They feel disappointed but they need to support the plan.”
Gusto, 20, was sent off after VAR upgraded his yellow card for his 58th-minute foul on Lucas Digne to red.
And Ollie Watkins hit a stunning 73rd-minute winner to pile more misery on Chelsea, who are languishing a lowly 14th in the table.
Poch already has 12 stars out injured. And to add to his woes, striker Nicolas Jackson, 22, will join the suspended Gusto on the sidelines after collecting a fifth booking in just six matches.
The Argentine boss added: “Players like Nico that are so young and feeling out the Prem are learning in time. We need to learn together. It’s difficult to talk about positives.
“No doubt with time the team is going to perform, but we cannot hide the situation that disappoints all the fans, the club, us and the players.”
Chelsea’s only victories in their seven games under Poch have come against promoted Luton in the Prem and AFC Wimbledon in the Carabao Cup.
The Blues have scored just seven goals in seven games in all competitions – and without any in their last three outings.
Pochettino admitted: “We need to work in giving the players trust and confidence.
“We have the squad, we cannot change anything, so we have to give them confidence.” – The Sun.