Lovemore Chazingwa in KADOMA
JAMESON High School in Kadoma remains closed, a week after 53 students and staff members were hospitalised due to inhaling toxic emissions on the premises.
The cause of the incident is still unknown.
Initial suspicions of gas leakages were ruled out after all gas taps were found to be closed.
Samples have been sent to South Africa for testing and the case is being handled at government level.
“We haven’t got the results of the samples yet. The case is now being handled at central government level,” said Kadoma council’s health director, Dr Daniel Chirundu.
Until conditions normalise, no learning is taking place and students were all sent back home.