Munetsi on coronavirus ban

17 Mar, 2020 - 14:03 0 Views
Munetsi on coronavirus ban Marshall Munetsi

H-Metro

Blessing Malinganiza, Sports Reporter

Stade Reims midfielder Marshall Munetsi says the ban on all football activities is the way to go in stopping the Covid 19.

The French Ligue has so far been suspended.

On Friday the Confederation of African Football confirmed the Afcon qualifiers had been postponed due to the Covid-19 outbreak across the continent and several parts of the world.

The Warriors were scheduled to play Algeria on the 26th and 29th of this month in back-to-back fixtures.

The first meeting was set for Blida while the return leg was to be played at a yet to be confirmed.

“At the moment it’s not about football bit the health of everyone in the world.

“We need to make sure that we listen to the health guidelines and contain the spread of the virus until they get a cure. People love football and it’s obvious that the virus was to be spread if they attend even if we were going to play in an empty stadium, fans might go watch in public so this way the spread can’t be avoided,” he said.

He added:

“So I think it was a good decision to suspend the games for now.

“People comes first and this was the only way the spreading can be stopped.”

When asked on if the stoppage won’t affect his form, he said:

“Obviously they might be a slight difference but we try to remain fit as possible.

“We will just be doing some routines that will make us stay in shape.”

 

Share This:

Sponsored Links