Mushowani refute bonus row

09 Jul, 2019 - 11:07 0 Views
Mushowani refute bonus row

H-Metro

Fiona Ruzha, Sports Reporter

MUSHOWANI Stars chief executive officer Donald Mutasa has refuted claims they were in a dispute with the players over allowances.

The Bindura-based side management were said to have been at loggerheads with the players last week on Thursday and their 3-0 loss to Chicken Inn on Saturday was due to the dissatisfaction of what was happening in the camp.

“The players have gone for two months now without allowances so on Thursday they confronted the bosses at Choppies along Nelson Mandela looking for answers as to why there were not receiving their money.

“Nonetheless, the situation was not resolved and it resulted to their defeat during the weekend,” said a close source.

However, Mutasa said all is well at the club.

“I am not aware of the dispute you are talking about it is another club not us.

“We arranged for the layers allowance before we departed for Bulawayo so I don’t know where you are getting all this from,” he said.

Mushowani stars are struggling second from the bottom only having won two games.

And Mutasa said they are not really worried about their position because he believes they will definitely escape relegation.

“If you take a closer look you will realise that we are behind with four points to be safe and we can only avoid relegation by making sure we win our next three games.

“So we are no really worried because we still have a chance to do better,” he said.

He added:

“I believe in the boys and I am delighted with their performance though we are still struggling with getting some points.

“The boys showed a fighting spirit when they Dynamos and CAPS United though they lost and also when they draw against defending champions FC Platinum and Highlanders.

“This already shows that we are not bad at all but we need to work on our final touch.”

 

 

Share This:

Sponsored Links