VILLAGERS in Murwira village under Chief Marange have been left devastated by the death of three people who suffocated in a well they were digging.
Two members of the same family and a neighbour reportedly suffocated from the asphyxiating fumes of dynamites they used to blast rocks in the well.
The Chiramba family lost two members and a nephew in the tragedy.
A family member, Taurai Chiramba, said the trio used dynamite while digging the well and went down the 10-metre well soon after a blast, and they were choked to death by the asphyxiating air.
“Our nephew Isaac was the one who had the contract to deepen the well, and Tawanda and Forward helped him.
“Forward was the first one to go down the well and he did not come back. He was followed by Isaac after going silent for while, and Tawanda later followed. That’s how all three suffocated.
“The three were later retrieved by Gift, but it was too late to save their lives,” said Taurai.