Toddler dies in fire incident

Online Reporter

A toddler left in the care of her seven-year-old brother died in a fire incident after the brother started a fire to heat bathing water.

Provincial police spokesperson Inspector Milton Mundembe said on Sunday, Sibongile Bhebhe (45) of plot 23 village 2 Masasa in Mvurwi, left her two children going to a church service.

At around 4:30 pm, the seven-year-old went into the kitchen and started a fire to boil bathing water.

The sister, a year and seven-month-old baby, Kayron Yuwani followed into the kitchen.

The fire spread and engulfed the house. The brother managed to escape but the baby was trapped inside – The Herald

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *