Uncategorized

‘We won’t defy President’

20 Mar, 2020 - 12:03 0 Views
‘We won’t defy President’ Killer T

H-Metro

Trust Khosa, Assistant News Editor

ORGANISERS of Killer T’s much-hyped birthday bash slated for Mbare on Saturday say only 85 guests will be allowed at the event.

The handlers say the move was meant to ensure they follow the Government directive  that only 100 or less people are allowed at public gatherings in the next two months to contain the spread of Coronavirus.

As a result of the ban, sporting, entertainment, political and religious gatherings have been affected with major events being either cancelled or postponed.

Jah Prayzah who was set to launch his album on April 3 and Burna Boy whose show had been slated for April 17 are the biggest casualties on home soil.

And Killer T who commands a huge following and has been hyping his birthday bash, has had a change of mind by making his event a “strictly by invitation” private affair.

Event coordinator Wanisayi “Mahwindo” Mutandwa said Killer T was no longer going to hold a public event as was previously advertised but it would now be a private event.

“He had wanted to celebrate his birthday with his folks in Mbare but right now due to the Government directive on public gatherings, Killer T has decided to hold the party at the house he grew up.

“The number of guests comprising security, relatives, service providers, friends and promoters will be 85.

“In fact we are now working with 85 as we anticipate less people in line with what was said by the President,” she said.

Asked what measures have been put in place to ensure that there won’t be stampede considering the hype which has been done ahead of the event, she said:

“The reason we are coming to the Press and other social media outlets now is that we want to clarify the issue that it’s no longer a public event but private affair.

“We realised that the safety of the people as well as heeding the call my by our President.

“We can’t afford to disrespect our President by defying his orders but we are simply following what he told the nation.

“We are also happy because he didn’t ban family events like this one where Killer’s inner circle will have an opportunity to celebrate the chanter’s born day.

“We have also sought police clearance/help to ensure that they assist us man the crowd in case of gatecrashers so that we won’t exceed 100 people.”

Prior to Mahwindo making the official statement that Killer T’s bash was no longer holding a public event, debate has been raging with some claiming the chanter and his handlers had defied the President’s directive on Public gatherings.

There were genuine fears the event would be called off if there was no clarity considering that Killer T is a household name in the suburb.

Killer T’s private birthday bash will be powered by socialites Ginimbi, Rich Cousins and Mayback.

 

 

 

Share This:

Sponsored Links